May 26, 2006

They are the Soul of Our American Spirit

In a previous post Mr. Robert Stokely stated "By now, it would be understandable if you and others were tired or hearing from me and what I say." On the contrary Mr. Stokely we are forever in your debt for your service and sacrifice to our Country.

Your words are so obviously true and heartfelt even if from a broken heart, it is still obviously a proud heart for your son was a great man. And great men come from great fathers, they are taught from an early age the value of character and honor. Mike learned his lessons well, and found his purpose in life early. It was because of that, that he, as you said before served while other debated.

On this Memorial Day you, your son and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers and I am grateful for your dedication to your son's memory. So often these days we hear and see lost souls speaking out against that which they have no idea. They take the expedient route, and choose instead the 4 second sound bite and the 2 minute speech that will garner them the most attention, where instead you have taken the high road. And while you have taken a path more morally straight than they, your road is much more difficult, but the reward is greater still. As the preacher stated at Mike's memorial service, "Honor is not the reward that one receives, Honor is the reward for what one gives."

You have mentioned to me many times that you are thankful for my continued honoring of your son, but for me Mike is more than just a topic of discussion, something about Mike touched me, the similarities were too uncanny for it to have been coincidence that I learned of him and the price he paid for our Country. Mike knew his purpose in this life and he helped me find my purpose in this life, he helped refine it and focus it and for that I am forever in his debt.

Mike is still with us, we know that by how we have been brought together to carry on his mission and to accomplish our own. As a previous post of mine stated, "we must tell their story's, 'For They're the World to Us.'" And Mike's story is very important, as is Spc. Casey Sheehan's, Sgt Albert Duplantier's, Lt Robert Seidel's; and the over 2000 other Soldiers, Sailors, Airmen and Marines killed in Operation Iraqi Freedom I, II, III, IV and all of the action in Afghanistan as well as the almost 2 million American Fighting men and women that have gone on before them. They are the soul of our American Spirit and for that we must never stop telling their stories.

You ask; are we tired of hearing from you? Never could we be tired of hearing of the great spirit that drives our Country forward onto victory and salvation. Thank you for your service to our Country.

I salute you.

No comments: