June 29, 2006

My Prognosis

...is not looking good. As some of you know my pain returned earlier this week and I've been fighting it since Monday. This has been a long 3 month journey for me with some great results and a lot of hope, but this week it appears all of the previous work was for naught.

I had an appointment with my sugeon of choice this morning but the earliest he can get me in is July 19. That is just too long to be waiting and in pain, sure Percocet and Flexerall work wonders, but I'm tired and I want to get on with my life. I honestly have no idea how some of those guys in Walter Reed do it, Captain Z you are amazing for being able to deal with this stuff, Carren, you must be a Saint.

Anyway, since 7/19 is too long to wait in my opinion, my doc has scheduled a meeting between me and another surgeon he recommends for tomorrow morning. Hopefully I'll be able to get an appointment for sometime around the 4th for the surgery.

I hope all goes well, and if once again you are the praying kind, I'd appreciate a couple of lines to the man up stairs on my family's behalf, they are going to need it to be able to deal with me. Thanks for all you have done for me in the past and hopefully I'll be back in full stride before long.

See you all soon.

Oh if anyone wants to do a little guest blogging, please let me know.

David M

No comments: