June 22, 2006

Web Reconnaissance for 06/22/2006

A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention.

Some Soldier’s Mom writes Cruel and Inhuman Islamists “I know a lot of what I’m about to write/rant is not politically correct or may be considered insensitive to some and others will think it over the top in some respects. I don’t care. It’s my opinion, it's my blog and I’m allowed to rant and wail whenever I want. And I want. Don’t like it? Go away. WE STILL LIVE IN A FREE COUNTRY AND NO ONE IS MAKING YOU READ THIS.” (read more)

Crazy Politico writes Looking For New Ideas “I mentioned last week in "Kos The King Maker?" that at some point the establishment would start to decide Kos shouldn't be the King Maker. Evidently it's happening a little quicker than even I thought it would.
In this morning Washinton Post David Broder not only takes a couple of well placed swipes at Kos and his followers, but offers up some reading for folks looking for a different perspective from the Democratic party.” (read more)

Expose the Left has Santorum Discusses Newly Found WMD In Iraq, Liberals Unhappy With Finding (VIDEO) “Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA) and Rep. Peter Hoekstra (R – MI) appeared on FOX News’ Hannity & Colmes Wednesday night to discuss the breaking news of WMD being found in Iraq.
Alan Colmes, like liberal bloggers are trying to downplay this situation. Why are they not happy that we found WMD in Iraq, and more importantly why are liberals trying to question the authenticity of them?” (read more)

Gay Patriot West at Gay Patriot writes Andrew Sullivan Declares War on Civil Discourse
“For more than two years now, Andrew Sullivan has been launching a war against a civil discussion of gay marriage and the Administration’s policies on the treatment of terrorists captured on the battlefield. And just as importantly, he launched a war to besmirch the president’s policies to win the War on Terror.” (read more)

Captain Ed writes More On The WMD “But not much more, as most media outlets chose to ignore the Santorum/Hoekstra press conference on WMD discovered in Iraq since 2003. The Washington Post put the story on page A10:” (read more)

Beth at Blue Star Chronicles writes Send a Clear Message “I went out into the dinning area at work today to chit-chat for a few minutes with my employees. It was the usual conversation for a minute or two and then one lady asked me how my son is doing.
I started replying, but before I could say much she got to what she apparently was wondering. She asked, ‘How does it make you feel to hear about what happened to those soldiers?’” (read more)

Tom The Redhunter writes Outrage “I haven't written anything about Pfc. Kristian Menchaca, 23, of Houston, or Pfc. Thomas L. Tucker, 25, Madras, Oregon, the two solders who were captured, tortured, and killed by the terrorists in Iraq because no words seemed adequate. The whole thing was so horrible that words cannot really express what I think or feel about it. Here, then, for what it's worth, are a few thoughts about the situation.” (read more)

Midnight in Iraq writes Electrons, Hand Sanitizer, and Sunflower Seeds “It’s been a while since I last posted new and relevant info to the blog. This has partly been deliberate, since I recently found I was starting to expect masterpieces of myself every time I sat down to write something. It became easier to just let things ride for a while and not worry about the blog. It was also partly accidental, since I have been consumed with several things at work. Alas, I have broken the chain, and I am back—not to deliver a masterpiece, but simply to tell you about the past few weeks.” (read more)

Serving the People of Iraq writes A Joyful Homecoming “I'm back home now, and I do miss the people of Iraq, but it's just as joyful being back home as I anticipated. Friends and family have reinforced the idea in my mind that it has been worth it to serve.” (read more)

No comments: