July 2, 2006

My Heart Isn't In It

...and for that reason my recon's, Dadisms and essays will be on hold for a bit. If Mr. Stokely sends me something to post, I will, but that's about it right now.

My blog was just starting to get the hits I needed (200/day) to call this more than a hobby, but my injury and pending surgery just have my mind and heart elsewhere. I'm tired and frustrated, and I want it to be over, but I know I still have a bit of road to travel before I'm in the clear and healthy again. Its not a long road, but this one I can see some serious potholes already looming before me. I just hope I don't fall in one and never climb back out, but the truth is, I can already feel myslef teetering on the edge of one now as my mood is turnning blacker by the day.

The stress level of my household is to say the least, a little high lately. My son's are at that age where most of their thought process and energy is focused on themselves, I will give them credit though, whenever their mother asks them do something for me or her, they are right there. And my wife is biting off way more than she can chew in an attempt to maintain the status quo. For her sake, I am hoping for a great outcome.

So counting today, it's 3 days and a wake-up to go. I'm praying that its a success and the old David can come out on the otherside because I really don't like this David at all.

No comments: