August 1, 2006

This Video Speaks Volumns

KT Cat at The Scratching Post has some video posted that illustrates not only the ineptness of the UN Forces in Lebanon but the problem with fighting a war against those that use terrorism as their main method of conducting war.

The main problem according to KT:

"I was struck by a sense that to the young men with the guns, it was exciting and exhilirating, like a for-real paintball game. I tried to imagine myself at that age and there. It would be nearly impossible to resist the allure of it. The romantic struggle against the Zionist enemy, running around the streets at night with my friends, shooting real guns in the air, launching a rocket from time to time and listening to my elders egg me on.

How does one incuclate responsiblity and a desire for productive work in a population of nihilistic teenagers? It's like a Nirvana concert where the audience goes home to no adults."

Stop by and see it for yourself.

UPDATE:
After watching it a couple of times I realized this is a video I've seen of Hamas is Gaza, the problems are the same though. Note how they use the Ambulances as troop carriers to avoid getting shot at....

No comments: