November 8, 2006

DADISM # 50

"We're not lost. I know exactly where I am."

{Translation: I have absolutley no doubt that we're exactly somewhere between home and our destination. That's all you need to know.}

Lost is not a word that exists in any dada's vocabulary. Actually most dads will go to extraordinary lengths to prove they are not, infact lost but just taking the "scenic route." All children should be taught, at as early an age as posisble, never to ask Dad, "Are we lost?" Women learn this shortly after taking the wedding vows, but children, whose little brains are not yet fully developed, cannot comprehend the consequences of asking this seemingly innocent question.

Variations:
"We're not lost, we're misoriented."
"We're not lost. I wanted to see how much longer this route would be than our planned route."
"We're not lost. When I last drove through here those houses weren't here and it looks unfamiliar to me."

No comments: