March 7, 2007

A New Blogger

In the Web Reconnaissance for 03/06 and 03/07 I linked to a new blogger: Cool, Calm and Collected. Who is Cool, Calm & Collected...she is the fiancee of Sgt James Holtom who was Killed in Action and written about by Badger 6 and Teflon Don, and Cool, Calm & Collected is the journal of her journey after his death.

It's sad and personal and you can't help but have a tear come to your eye when you read her thoughts:

After work today, I went to his grave for the first time... That was a time that was filled with so many emotions, I just sat there next to him and cried. I felt so strange talking to him, but I did anyways...
"Hey Baby, I sure do miss you. I'm trying to be strong for you, I really am, But I was going to marry you, I just don't know what to do now- You had 'our' life planned out so well, and I was so excited to be your wife, And we were going to have kids, and raise them in church, We would have had such a great life, honey, But I am so proud of you. What an honor! Look at where they put you, It's so pretty out here, and the view is beautiful. Look at that flag, That thing is huge! And you fought for it so well. I am so proud to love you, I love you so much."
I wonder if people think that it's strange that I love him still. I don't care if anyone does think it's strange, because people telling me what is weird and what isn't, won't change my mind about this. Just a curiosity of mine, I suppose.

Go there now...read what is going on for "the other half", the true patriots who pay a price higher than many are willing to admit and then you will realize that if you can't support the mission you really aren't supporting the troops at all.

No comments: