May 17, 2007

Finding Beauty In Iraq

This is typically one of those posts that would find its way into the daily Web Recon around here, but today this post needs one all its own. Once you read it I hope you'll understand why:

Finding beauty in Iraq
By Badger 6
Been very busy the last week or so, writing awards (more to do), going to meetings, doing just a lot of different things. Additionally I have been experiencing writers block. Things are generally quiet, which is good, with just a little bit of excitement here and there.

Mrs. Badger 6 has insisted I look for things of beauty around here.

The other night there was a nice glow over the City of Ar Ramadi.

Every morning I hear birds singing outside my room.

Every night I hear owls hooting.

Today on a run I saw 100 Iraqi Policemen ready to go put their lives on the line for a free Iraq.

They are all different and maybe unconventional in the traditional sense of beauty; I saw something beautiful in all of that.


They are that Badger 6, and when I read of events like this I can't help but wonder why the Defeatists and the MSM are insistant upon claiming all is lost in the GWOT. Thank you for your service to our country...and theirs!

Hooah!

Now if you agree with this go there and thank Badger 6 for all he has done and is doing for our safety and way of life.

No comments: