September 9, 2007

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID M!!! :)

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

A little birdy told me (well, ok, it was one of those "birthday reminder" email service things) that today, 09/09/07, is our Editor's birthday!!!!! So, without further ado, let's all wish David a super-duper, extra happy birthday today!!!



(Hey, just be REAL glad I didn't actually SING, ok?!)

Seriously though, I hope that your birthday is truly wonderful and that the year ahead brings you nothing but good things. Thank you for ALL you do to "FOR REAL" support our troops and honor the ones that didn't make it home. (Special thanks for your love & honor for our Hometown hero, Sgt. Mike Stokely - it means a lot!!!) Thank you for "never forgetting" what freedom costs. Thank you for making sure our troops and their familes are never forgotten. And, last but not least - thank you for the gift of your friendship, and allowing me to post here from time-to-time on The Thunder Run!

Speaking of our heroes and their families, Robert Stokely emailed me this birthday greeting to post here in your honor:

DAVID:

It has been a long "short" two years for me now, but I count it a Romans 8:28 blessing that you have become a valuable part of my circle of friends. I certanly can not forget and I so much appreciate you featuring Mike so much on your Blog, and being so generous to print my thoughts as I walk this journey as a parent whose son was KIA in the service of America.

It was a pleasure to finally meet you back in May at MILBLOG 07' and I had a sense of who you were before we actually came face to face - a gentle giant of a man. You stand proud and tall in physical structure and integrity for America and her never failing cause for freedom. Needless to say, your years upon this earth have not been wasted, but to the contrary, a stalwart for the cause of freedom and ideals that America has stood for and that continue to be a beacon for untold generations to come. You have a true and loving Dad's heart and it is comforting to me to know that such a heart now raises the next generation to carry the flag of freedom and that you will be there with them as I grow old and my days come to an end. Happy Birthday and may God Bless you David and the family you raise.

Robert Stokely
proud dad SGT Mike Stokely
KIA 16 AUG 05 near Yusufiyah
USA E 108 CAV 48th BCT GAARNG




Most sincerely,

Kat in GA
Yikes! blog

No comments: