January 12, 2009

Apologies

It's been obvious that my posting, and subsequently the daily visitor rate, has slacked off ever so slightly each month since November. This has been the result of an ever increasing number of responsibilities being added at work as well as several outside volunteer organizations with which I am involved. Add in some personnel issues at work that I am being forced to deal with (the only real reason I hate being the boss) and I just haven’t been in the mood to keep up my regular posting levels. To top off the end of the year, I also suffered two computer failures within a week of each other at home. One has been fixed and the parts are on order for the other so that will take some of the strain off - hopefully.

I can’t promise that I’ll be back to myself anytime soon, but hopefully February will be a lot better. In the meantime, I intend to continue to provide the Web Reconnaissance and From the Front as often as I can. If you are one of the regular 300 readers who still visit the Thunder Run on a daily basis, please let me know if you have a preference on which of these features you prefer (maybe I’ll add a poll) and I will do my best to accommodate your desires. In fact if you are a regular reader of The Thunder Run please let me know what it is you like and I will definitely continue to provide that service for as long as I can.

I know I’ve been promising this for a while know but the time really has come to move The Thunder Run off of Blogger and to its own domain, any suggestions? I had hoped to have accomplished this already, but just as posting has taking a hit, so has admin issues on the back side. I can promise you this, look for a major marketing campaign to be coming out soon - of which The Thunder Run is going to be playing a major part. I can’t tell you who or what it is for, but this Friday (January 16, 2009) I will be travelling with a couple of other well known bloggers to visit with a large corporation as guests of a up-and-coming non-profit that will be supporting the military and veterans of all branches as a major part of its mission. I can’t wait, and yes of course I'll be blogging about it.

Thanks for sticking by and I hope to be back to the regular posting levels soon.

David M
Editor: The Thunder Run

No comments: