April 3, 2006

Web Reconnaissance for 04/03/2006

A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention.

MREeater has a series posted called Artwork he writes: “More pix of military artwork. If you should happen to want a high res copy for some reason, drop me a line and I'll be happy to send one or more to you. I'm still struggling with the photo ability of blogger, so they don't look as organized as I'd like, but I'm working on that.”

t.f.boggs writes On Purple Hearts and POWs “If you are a fan of the actor Will Farrell you probably know one of his famous skits from Saturday Night Live in which he exclaims that he “drives a Dodge Stratus!” while at the dinner table with his family one night. He does so in order to command respect from his family and to show that what he says has credibility because he drives a “nice” car. I attach the same sentiment that Will Farrell has in this skit to the sentiment that politicians have when they campaign on their war service or record as a prisoner of war.”

Sgt Ellijah Allen of Contact Right…Taking Fire writes Land of the Free “Here is a picture I took from my front porch. The landlord didn't like the idea of me drilling holes into the house, but I told him my reasons. Sometimes we have a responsibility to remind those that have forgotten what our flag stands for. That it stands for courage and honor and sacrifice.
We are the land of the free, because we are the home of the brave.”

Uncle Jimbo writing at Blackfive writes The Face of War? “In case anyone wondered where the LA Times stands on the war, they made it brutally obvious with their front page this weekend. They make all the usual excuses and justify their sad action with "the public has a right to know", sure they do. And I assume the public has a need to see pictures of rape victims, and obviously every Sept. 11th they publish photos of the people jumping from the Twin Towers. The LA Times wouldn't have one policy for their blatant attacks on the Iraq war and another for everything else would they?”

Mastergunner at Tanker Brothers writes Smokin' Joe: Attacked By Fellow Dems? “As a Soldier, one thing that I value is loyalty (and consider that Loyalty is one of the Army Values). I absolutely cannot stand it when someone is attacked by his contemporaries for standing up for what he believes is right.
Enter Smokin' Joe Lieberman: the John McCain of the Democratic Party. Seems that Smokin' Joe is catching all kinds of fire from his fellow Democrats for his stance on the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq…”

Sgt Grey Eagle of A Female Soldier writes From Jeans To Body Armor “I have been back now for two weeks. Not much changed while I was away, it is if time just stood still while I was gone. It was hard to come back, to leave home a second time, and where I thought it would be easy to just pick up where I left off and complete the second half of my deployment is actually harder.”

No comments: