April 4, 2006

Web Reconnaissance for 04/04/2006

A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention.

Stacy of Keep My Soldier Safe wrote on 4/1/06 ANOTHER MISSISSIPPI SOLDIER LAID TO REST TODAY “As I watched the 10:00 p.m. news last night, something caught my attention. Scrolling across the bottom of my screen was “FUNERAL PROTESTERS”. The Westboro Baptist Church was coming to the funeral of Sgt. 1st Class Christopher L. Robinson,who was killed while serving his country in Afghanistan, Saturday, March 25, 2006.
My first reaction was to call SSM and see if she could give me some advice. Thanks so much SSM. Don’t know what I would have done if it weren’t for your wonderful advice.
The Funeral was today at 2:00 p.m. at the First Baptist Church in Madison, MS. I arrived in Madison shortly after noon, and I could not believe what I saw. The Patriotic Guard Riders were there. Some came from as far away as North Carolina to make sure that the Westboro Protesters did not get anywhere near this soldiers family. What an awesome group. I walked up and ask if I could join them, and was immediately handed a flag….”

Ray Robison writes A case study in how our intel system breaks down How the FBI let 9/11 happen H/T Ace Despite the fact that I disagree with Jeff Taylor about his position on the Patriot Act, (and I don't think "Let it happen" is quite fair) this article contains some interesting information in a time line fashion as to how a diligent FBI agent was rebuffed in his attempt to get at Moussaoui before 9/11…”

Politics of a Patriot writes Some Gave All “Last April 4, I woke up early because we had an all-day track meet that day—the Greenwood Relays. I remember watching the news that morning before school, as I do almost every day. The news caster announced that a Marine had been killed somewhere in Iraq… Now, I can’t even remember where. But I remember they did not say it was Fallujah. With guilty relief, I told myself it couldn’t be my cousin because he was in Fallujah.”

GayPatriotWest of Gay Patriot writes Of Comments and Civility, II “When I was an undergraduate at Williams, given that few other conservative students were as outspoken as I, I was a frequent guest on the “Community Affairs” program on the college’s radio station, WCFM. And there, I experienced the worst and the best of liberal ideas and left-wing attitudes toward then-President Reagan and the policies of his Administration.”

Jay Tea of Wizbang writes “A nation of immigrants?” “A couple of days ago, I heard a caller on a talk show make a really interesting point: "If the United States had been founded by immigrants, we'd all be speaking Indian today." That crystallized matters for me. People who move from one nation to another come in two forms: colonists and immigrants.”

Expose the Left has FISA Judges Say Bush Is Within Law, But Nevermind Them “The liberal media has kept this gem well hidden: ‘A panel of former Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court judges yesterday told members of the Senate Judiciary Committee that President Bush did not act illegally when he created by executive order a wiretapping program conducted by the National Security Agency (NSA).’”

Crazy Politico’s Rantings writes A Hole That Didn't Have To Be “I was just reading Richard Cohen's column "A Hole Where Hopes Are Buried", in which he says maybe the holes from the Twin Towers should be left alone as the grave of Bush's presidency.
While Cohen waxes on about Bush's failure to capture Bin Laden since 9/11, and the problems in Iraq he ignores the history before 9/11.”

No comments: