May 16, 2006

Thanks for nothing W!

I didn't watch the President's speech last night onIllegal imigration I had more important things to do, read: Webelos den meeting to manage, but Pam at Iraq War Today did and this is what she has to say.

My Two Cents - Homeland Obscurity

When did we stop viewing American citizenship as something special, something sacred?

When did we stop caring about our country's sovereignty and safety?

Then again, maybe we didn't - but Washington sure did.Last night, the President unveiled his plan to secure the borders - sort of. I was hoping for a clear message - "we will protect our country, we will close the avenues for illegal immigrants." But it was not to be. The grand plan was more half measures, more appeasement for Mexico, more talk.

Why are we so reluctant to take real action?

Part of it is the usual politics.

One of the things I've always liked about our President was his commitment to do what he believes is right - the "damn-the-pundits-full-speed-ahead" style he's had. It was absent last night.

Things didn't start off so bad - …

Read the rest...

I have to agree with Pam, I think the President has just screwed himself, the Republican Party's control of Congress and the American people with the plan he unveiled last night. All I have to say is that I won't be voting Democrat in November, but I sure won't be donating to or supporting and voting for any Republican candidates that are going along with this assinine plan.

Ken Mehlman be warned, not one dime of my money will go to the RNC and worse still my vote will not either as long as they support this plan that destroys America. We might as well have let Usama Bin Laden kill us all it would have been a lot less painful then the death sentence the President just sentenced us all to.

Thanks for nothing W!

UPDATE: Uncle Jimbo posting at Blackfive see's things differently...I disagree wholeheartedly with his assessment as do most of the commenters.

John Hawkins of Right Wing News has some Questions Not Answered By Bush's Illegal Immigration Speech

No comments: