March 20, 2007

Gathering of Eagles Has an Effect in Theatre

Did you attend the Gatering of Eagles march in Washington DC as they stood ready to defend our memorials from the hate filled left? Well, rest assured that your good deeds have not gone unnoticed. "J" a civilian working in Iraq sends this email:

Thanks for the updates on this. It's amazing that this nevermade the news. All it said on the news was that there were counter demonstrations but the numbers that showed up were never mentioned. 20-30 thousand!! Damn that gave me goosebumps when I was reading that.

I hope this is something that will catch on. Another thing they don't tell you on the news is that things are getting better inBaghdad. There are still soldiers dying and we expect that will be the case for some time to come but if you're a civilian living downtown you are noticing the effect that the troop surge is having.

Murders, kidnappings, indirect fire attacks, and VBIED attacks are down. Believe me, I have 80+ locals that work for me and live downtown telling me things are improving. If the press would just cover the positive side of the story we may be able to convince a few of the damn pansy assed quiters back home to man up and remember that we're Americans and it's time to kick some ass and get the job done before we un-ass this place and say mission complete.

So for all you "we support the troops, but not the mission" folks, your rhetoric is being heard by everyone and our men and woman over there don't appreciate it one bit. Thanks for confirming for us "J" just how big of a job you all are completing there to make it a better life for us all.

(Ed Note: I spoke to "J" via email to ask if I could repost his email. He had this to say:
"Feel free to post my message. Iwould appreciate it if you could withold my last name and e-mail address though. I appreciate what you all did back there and I know a lot of guys that feel the same way. Take care and keep up the good work."
Thanks "J" we appreciate the good work you are doing there too.)

No comments: