April 12, 2007

Help A Medic in Need

Kat in GA, friend of and contributor to this blog writes:

Hey there, all! I just got a new soldier -- a medic in a very bad area (hint: where he's at has been on the news lately!). I got an email from him yesterday, and it says in part:

I am from San Diego so I will be missin' the beach and waves as well.
So here is her plan:

[W]hat I want to do is collect as much San Diego and/or beach stuff as humanly possible to put together for him... I'm thinking of doing a scrapbook or something with postcards and pictures and such, maybe send him some sand & some shells, an "ocean waves" CD and the like. I did something like this for one of my Georgia Soldiers last year and it was a big hit.. of course, it only took me a measly 2 hours to drive up to HIS hometown to collect pics and stuff for his scrapbook & whatnot... can't quite fly to San Diego to do the same thing for this one (tho if I could afford it.. I would in a heartbeat!), so for this "sending home in a box" project...I'll need y'all's help. If you have anything (postcards, pictures, whatever) San Diego or beach-related that you'd like to contribute to this special project, please send to:

Kat Orr
"for your medic"
P.O. Box 1660
Loganville, GA 30052

ANYTHING San Diego & beach-related you can send, would be MOST appreciated!!!!!! I know many of you on this list won't have anything like that, BUT I'm hoping you'll know folks who do, and can send this email on.....

thanks!


If you can help out or know of anyone in San Diego who has some memorabilia they can share, let them know. Kat is one of the truly "good guys" she eats, sleeps and breathes for our troops, everything she does is so that she can do more for them and she never fails in her missions. Please lets help her send some cheer to this soldier.

No comments: