December 1, 2005

Tucker Carlson is only half right.

Tucker Carlson in his latest column, "Don’t Patronize our Troops", which can be found here and here, discusses the same report that I wrote about earlier this week. He writes, “You often hear people compare the war in Iraq to the war in Vietnam, but here's one key difference: Nobody's calling veterans of the current war baby killers. Even the most strident opponents of Iraq go out of their way to praise the soldiers who've served there. Everyone is for the troops. It's required.” There is only one problem with that statement Mr. Carlson, those that are opposing this war are calling our troops "baby killers"!

You don’t even have to take my word for it, all you have to do is go visit Grey Eagle and see what’s being done to her in the name of opposing the War in Iraq. She writes on her web site in reply to several commenter’s that freely publish their raving accusations and attacks, “I will not let your emails referring to me as a "baby killer", your calls for me to walk away from my duties, your questioning of my loyalty to this county discourage me.” Wow, sure sounds like they are using the term, baby killer to me.

Not convinced, then why don’t you join The Gunn Nutt out in front of Walter Reed Medical Center on any Friday night as they counter protest the Code Pink crowd as they attack the moral fiber and courage of our wounded troops, and find out how much “pity and guilt” that they have for our troops. Yes you read that right; they are attacking and protesting the wounded troops. This can’t be true you must be saying by now, these are wounded soldiers, but yes it is. Read this little post by Kristinn on Free Republic and you tell me how much pity and guilt they have for our troops.

Mr. Carlson ends his column with this line, “Pity their suffering perhaps, but don't patronize them.” Well I have news for you Mr. Carlson our troops do not need your pity, they need our support, and if you think you are supporting them with this column then I sure don’t want you backing me up at any point in time. Our troops need us, and I for one am not going to sit idly by while the left showers their form of “pity and guilt” on our troops. Mr. Carlson is a “conservative” member of the Main Stream Media, but this column makes him out to be just another apologist for the left that employs him, as another useful idiot.

No comments: