February 21, 2006

Web Reconnaissance for 02/21/2006

A short recon of what’s out there today that might draw your attention.

Jay Tea at Wizbang writes A Civil Action: “Yesterday, I caught a bit of flak (and a whole lot more support when I tossed off a line at the end of a posting where I implied that I thought Sharia law was uncivilized. That was an error I deeply regret.
I should have said it explicitly.
I believe any legal system that permits a man to complete a divorce by reciting "woman, I divorce you" three times, but gives no such option -- in fact, hardly any option -- to the woman is uncivilized.”

Ian at Expose the Left has Coulter and Huffington Duke It Out On Hannity & Colmes (VIDEO) “Conservative author and columnist Ann Coulter and liberal “blog” hostess and Drudge Report wannabe Arianna Huffington appeared on Hannity & Colmes tonight to discuss unhinged liberals, which are now accepted in the mainstream of the Democratic party.”
Crazy Politico at Crazy Politico’s Rantings has Arabophia Gone Wild: “America and our Congress in particular seem too caught up in a case of "Arabophobia", as far as I can tell.”

Victor Davis Hanson writes What Will Europe Really Do? “Nothing is quite as surreal as the Islamic world’s fury at the liberal and innocuous Danes. How could anyone wish to burn their embassies and kill their citizens, when they have always offered all the politically correct, multicultural platitudes and welcomed in any and all from the Middle East?”

Uncle Jimbo writing at Blackfive leads us to a post by Dan at Gay Patriot called Mindful of the cost - Verdun to Fallujah: “…More soldiers were killed at Verdun than the total number of U.S. troops deployed in Iraq. Good lord! That hit me right in the guts. Imagine all of 'em gone...in one battle. I can imagine Dan reading that number and thinking the exact thing I did. It damn well better have been worth it, and that blood spent to gain peace. And yet…”

Charlie Munn at The Officer’s Club writes Time May be Running Out for Moderate Muslims: “I spoke below about the Muslim world, and the many, many problems it faces when its main spokespeople are crazed Islamic terrorists. As easy as it is for protestors in New York and DC to decry the “imperialism” of American foreign policy toward the Muslim world, let’s take a look at the actual circumstances that led to past military interventions:”

No comments: