May 1, 2006

Help Welcome Home a Hero!

Kat in GA writes:

OK, y'all - I need your help! :) I can't believe I didn't think of this SOONER!!!!!

As y'all may know, our family has an adopted Georgia 48th BCT soldier coming home EXTREMELY SOON (can't say exact dates, because of OPSEC - operational security - rules). ANYWAY - I was planning on mailing out a welcome home card to his "real" address once I knew they were home, but someone I know gave me a great idea! And I don't know WHY I didn't think of it sooner!

What I would like to do is collect a WHOLE BUNCH of "Welcome Home" emails, to send along with our family's welcome home card. *mumbles to self: "why didn't I think of this sooner?!"* The idea is, when he gets home, instead of having "only" a stack of bills waiting for him (and how depressing would that be, haha!), to have a nice big fat envelope FULL of Welcome Home, Thank You, We're Proud of You type messages. How cool would that be?! And why didn't I think of that sooner?! argh!

Can ya help a Kat out here??? :)

I would be ETERNALLY in y'all's debt forever and greatly appreciate it!!!!!Please email all Welcome Home messages to me as soon as you can. Just put "Welcome Home" or something similar in the subject line.

VERY IMPORTANT: I MUST HAVE ALL MESSAGES RECEIVED NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2006!!!

I plan on mailing them out on Saturday, May 6.Thanks, y'all!!!! Please help me get the word out as best you can... please forward this message tgo your friends, post about it on your blogs, whatever you can think of to get the word out! I would greatly appreciate it! Let's overwhelm our soldier with Welcome Home messages! We don't have long at all... this has got to get mailed out next Saturday[Ed Note: May 6, 2006]. (I am starting a new job on Monday May 8, and won't be able to go to the P.O. on my lunch break.... so Saturday "has to" be the day it's mailed out).

THANK YOU!


Alright you heard the lady, lets get on board with this and welcome our soldiers home. Support for soldiers is beginning to wain, and its a damn shame that the men and women in uniform are not supported more than they are. If you are driving around with a yellow ribbon on your car, its time to step up and do something personal for the men and women that make it possible for you to sleep in safety at night.

No comments: