August 15, 2006

Country Roads...Take Me Home.

I'm home again having arrived at home yesterday afternoon and despite the fact that I love to travel, I love coming home even more. To Kat, Melinda and TG thanks for once again filling in for me while I shrug my responsibilities. *Smile*

Below there is a wonderful post by Mr. Stokely, on receiving that phone call no parent or loved on of a military service member ever wants to receive.

My travels over the last few days have taken me to Philadelphia, Pa., one of the most historic areas in the country. I had no idea so much actually occurred in Philly and in particular within that one square mile area centering on the Old City Section. If you go there do not miss the National Constitution Center and in particular the live show, “Freedom Rising.” If you do not feel a tear coming to your eyes due to the overwhelming pride you experience at being a part of this wonderful experiment, then you can’t possibly be a true American.

Tomorrow, I hope to have my post up about Sgt Mike Stokely, and yes I still need to write my post for Mr. George Lopez, who died on September 11, 2001. Keep in touch and please keep coming back, there is going to be a lot of good stuff coming up on The Thunder Run. Thanks for stopping by and most importantly, thanks for your support.

And yes, it’s good to be home again.

No comments: