November 29, 2006

I'm Back

As was obvious by my previous post, I’m back from the funeral and another appointment this morning that was very important to my family. I’m going to need some time to compose my thoughts on Captain John Ryan Dennison’s service, but suffice it to say, he was loved and honored by his family, friends, and fellow soldiers.

I’ll leave you all with a thought that repeated throughout the service. It is taken from Romans Chapter 5 and was Ryan’s favorite verse: “…And we[b] rejoice in the hope of the glory of God.
3 Not only so, but we[c] also rejoice in our sufferings, because we know that suffering produces perseverance;
4 perseverance, character; and character, hope.
5 And hope does not disappoint us…”

Hope does not disappoint us. No it does not.

Discuss…

No comments: