July 1, 2008

Site of the Day

The Thunder Run Site of the Day is the National Fallen Heroes Memorial Project

In the founders own words:


My name is Debbie Higgins and I am the mother of LCpl. James W. Higgins Jr. USMC shot and killed in Iraq on July 27, 2006, at the age of 22 years old, just one week before coming home.

In James' last phone conversation with me, he expressed his desire to build a Memorial to honor service members who fought in conflicts since the Vietnam War. Since his death, I've decided to carry out his wish and raise funds to build the National Fallen Heroes Memorial.

I find it clear that after meeting so many military soldiers including Marines that they agree with my intentions to build this Memorial. Recently I spoke to a young soldier who served in the Iraq war. During our conversation, he spoke of the loss of a family member who served in WWII. Sadly, a memorial was built two generations later in which most of his family members had since passed away. He continued to say that since serving our country, he understands and appreciates the memorial's significance.

I hope that everyone can find it in their hearts to give to build this memorial as our Fallen Heroes found it very easy to give up their lives for freedom.

Please click here for information on how to donate to this cause.

Thank you for your support.


No comments: