March 7, 2006

The Unit - Preview/Review

Dragon Master of TankerBrothers sent me an email last night in which he wrote:

"My brother and I were asked by CBS Media Relations to review the pilot episode of their newest action/drama "The Unit".

It was really exciting, considering we were getting the opportunity to watch a TV show before everybody else in the entire United States (except for the other people they asked to review it).

To be honest, I was flattered that they chose us.

I wrote two reviews of the series: one prior to watching it (on the letter we received and the brief synopsis that was included with the disc) and one after watching the pilot episode. CBS was kind enough to include two additional episodes on the disc, so we actually got to watch three episodes of the whole series. Please believe me when I tell you it is definitely worth your time to watch this show.

If you enjoy watching the series "24", then "The Unit" will completely blow you away. The show was incredible, and I highly recommend it for its realism and tasteful, heroic portrayal of our Delta Force heroes.

When I was in Iraq, I had the opportunity to work with some of these guys when we assisted in the live fire training facility validation for the Iraqi Special Forces. "The Unit" is an accurate representation of the professionalism of these legendary Soldiers.

Please take the time to look at my reviews of the series, and be sure to tune in or Tivo "The Unit" tomorrow night at 8PM Central/ 9PM Eastern time on CBS.


That’s tonight folks! I’ve been looking forward to this series starting and I hope that it does live up to the reviews given by the Milbloggers that I read. We need an accurate and supportive look at what our military does every day on the frontlines, and while this series will not be directly about the War on Terror it will give us a good look at what can be told about the special ops community prior to 9/11 and what they were doing to defend freedom.

No comments: