March 8, 2006

Web Reconnaissance for 03/08/2006

A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention.

ColoradoPatriot at Gay Patriot writes DADT: A Gay Servicemember’s Perspective. Part VI: How Do You Really Feel? “…While I appreciate the efforts of some who say they’re trying to free me from the yoke of DADT, it’s clear many still don’t get it. When people argue about the policy and yell about it being “unfair”, I have to laugh because it shows a pretty thorough lack of understanding of what the military is about in the first place. I endure a lot of unfair things in order to serve. I have to cut my hair a certain way. I have to wear a uniform, and wear it correctly. I can’t do many things my civilian friends are allowed to do. I can’t quit my job; simply walk away and tell my boss to shove it. If I don’t do something my boss tells me to do, I don’t get fired…I go to jail. I could go on. So who gives a rip if I have to stay closeted?”
The previous posts are available here: Post I, Post II, Post III, Post IV, and Post V.

JayTea at Wizbang writes Which is the true face of Islam? “Recently, two self-proclaimed Muslims have been the subject of discussion around here at Wizbang. And the contrast between the two could not be more remarkable…”

Expose the Left has Student Responds To Jay Bennish’s Appearance on Today Show (VIDEO) “Sean Allen, the student that exposed Jay Bennish, appeared on Hannity & Colmes once again this evening to respond to some of the remarks his teacher made on The Today Show. Today Show co-host Matt Lauer, if you remember, tried to make it look like Allen set up Jay Bennish to make his outrageous, anti-American remarks. Allen says that he did not set his teacher up, as he constantly makes remarks like he did on the tape recorder.”

Kobayashi Maru writes Under-reacting and Over-reacting - Iran and the Oscars “A piece in Wednesday's WaPo "Everyday Iranians Nervous About Push For Atomic Power" seems straight out of the Twilight Zone... or Leave it to Beaver:”

Captain Ed of Captain’s Quarters writes Why We Spy “For those who profess outrage at the use of the NSA's intercept program on international communications, the ABC news report on the trial of Zacarias Moussaoui explains why our intelligence services should not get hamstrung by the law-enforcement mentality when the US is under attack:”

Confederate Yankee writes NSA Wins, Terrorists and Liberals Lose “Senate Republicans have introduced a bill to provide oversight of the President's NSA terrorist intercept program while rejecting any further investigation:”

Michelle Malkin writes GIVE YALE THE FINGERJoin this protest. I'm sending a box of these today.”

Andi of Andi’s World writes Wisconsin Set to Vote on Withdrawal of Troops “There's a battle brewing in Wisconsin between those who are ready to cut and run from Iraq, and those who want to see the job finished. On April 4, referendums on Operation Iraqi Freedom will appear on ballots throughout the state…”

A North American Patriot has WOO HOO!!!!! “Thank you, Thank you, Thank you, to fellow Cannuckistanner Brain, from his home blog in Hespler, for reviving me from my stupor to take note of a super-fantastic development on the Tim Horton's front!!!! After weeks of persistent requests, Canadian soldiers got good news Tuesday with the announcement that a Tim Hortons store will open soon in Kandahar.”

John Hawkins of Right Wing News writes Some Of The Kossacks Even Think The Democratic Primaries Are Rigged “Judging by what you're about to read from the commenters at the Daily Kos, a lot of liberals seem to have come to the conclusion that the VRWC has gotten so good at rigging Presidential elections that they've actually decided to branch out and start stuffing the ballot boxes in Democratic primaries.”

No comments: