June 5, 2006

Web Reconnaissance for 06/05/2006

A short recon of what’s out there that might draw your attention.

Ray Robinson writes Crap...Crap...Crap “Okay, I promised myself to keep silent on the accusations of atrocities committed by US soldiers. But the media war against the US military is now making this impossible. Note these glaring editorials contained in "reports":” (read more)

Politics of a Patriot writes Last Post Before Boot Camp “I had every intention of composing a longer and more meaningful post than the one you are reading, but at 2:23 a.m., this is what you get. My days have been filled with goodbyes. It has really began to hit me how much I'm going to miss my parents and we've shed more than a few tears. I've spent the last week with my friends, but from yesterday afternoon on, I had my schedule cleared to simply spend time with my parents.” (read more)

William Teach writes More Proof Dems Have No Humor “So a bunch of College Republicans at Oklahoma University had a snow cone party to educate people on the the other side of the global warming debate, and to have a little fun. As usual, the Democrats are freaking out. And not just any Dems, but the Democratic National Committee:” (read more)

GayPatriotWest writing at Gay Patriot writes HRC’s Priorities: Bash Bush, Bypass Debate “As the Senate debate on the Marriage Protection Amendment (MPA) looms, the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) seems more interested in attacking Republicans than in promoting a conversation likely to increase public awareness (and understanding) of gay and lesbian relationships. As I write this, its website features an unflattering picture of the president next to the words, “VOTE NO!” It seems that HRC is trying to relive its failed 2004 campaign slogan, “George W. Bush, You’re Fired.” (read more)

Kobayashi Maru writes Running, Baseball, Love and Faith “Yesterday was the one-year anniversary of my grandfather's death. As has been the case with various anniversaries surrounding my brother's illness and death, it came with some pleasant surprises. Some might dismiss them as "coincidence". I do not. I hope you'll see why.” (read more)

Fuzzybear Lioness writes The Wounded Live On “It's left to more than generals to continue taking care of them. It's left to all of us. I'll never forget talking to my mother at the moment I saw President Bush speaking on television in September 2001 as he made it clear there would be war with Afghanistan.” (read more)

Heidi at EuphoricReality writes Guard the Borders Blogburst June 4, 2006 “From Spanish-speaking illegal workers, to angry tenured professors and arrogant politicians, we are hearing more and more tenets and demands from a movement called Reconquista. The movement, once dismissed as extreme racist rhetoric, has rapidly gained traction and momentum among millions of ill-educated illegal aliens and well-established Mexicans alike. Reconquista gives voice to the angry demands of present-day Mexicans who mistakenly think they have indigenous rights to the land of the Southwestern United States - which they claim was “stolen” by an imperialist American government. The centerpiece of their agenda is the mythical Aztlan.” (read more)

WO1 Michael Fay writes To Every Thing There Is A Season “Today I’m going to talk about the two things closest to my heart — the Marine Corps’ Combat Art Collection and my daughter.
On Friday I checked in off of post-deployment leave. For two weeks I had made the rounds of family and friends. My daughter is a freshman at a large university in Boston, and my leave happily coincided with her spring break. Being with her was the highlight of my time off. I don’t know who was more concerned this past fall and early winter, her or I. She was fearful about my being in a war zone, and I was in an absolute panic about her debut into the world of complete independence while I was half a planet away.” (read more)

The Redhunter writes Paul Ray Smith and the Shame of Hollywood “Does the name "Paul Smith" ring any bells with you? How about "Sergeant First Class Paul Ray Smith"? He should be a household name, but of course isn't.” (read more)

Captain Ed writes The Broad Strata And Its Narrow-Minded Origins “The supposedly "broad strata" of society whence the Canadian terror cell sprang had an unusually narrow base: a single mosque in Mississauga. The eldest of the cell and apparently its ringleader, Qayyum Abdul Jamal, sat on the mosque's board and led prayers while organizing this conspiracy to attack Canadian targets:” (read more)

Omar at Iraq the Model writes The cabinet remains incomplete. “It's been two weeks since the parliament in Iraq inaugurated new PM Maliki's cabinet and the three vacant seats in this cabinet are yet to be filled with ministers for defense, interior and national security.
Three attempts to find competent and nonsectarian men for theses three important posts have failed so far bringing up questions on this cabinet's ability to provide what Iraqis need most urgently ; security.” (read more)

John Noonan at OPFOR writes Died on the Field of Honor “June 5th is the two-year anniversary of the death of a friend, Sgt. Ryan E. Doltz, in Sadr City, Iraq.” (read more)

The Middle Ground writes Send Me “I was reading at the Patriot Guard (h/t Mudville) when I noted a message from one of the NCOs that accompanied a fallen soldier home. He pointed to this video that I think should be entitled "Send Me" The beginning of the video quotes Isaiah 6:8:” (read more)

No comments: