December 5, 2006

What Gates' Should Have Said

Oak Leak of Stop the ACLU provides the perfect answer that Gates' should have given Sen Levin when:

Asked point-blank by Sen. Carl Levin, D-Mich., whether the U.S. is winning in Iraq, Gates replied, “No, sir.”

Strike One…..

How would Oak Leaf have had answered that question or any of my recent students (at least I hope they would have had answered this way).

First, I would realize that every answer I gave as the incoming SOD would be “heard” within minutes by US Forces in SW Asia and I would understand that sets the tone for the ground. I would have answered as follows:

“Senator Levin, U.S. and coalition forces are performing at a degree that has never been seen before in the history of modern warfare. The men and women of the US Armed Forces are meeting every military objective they are asked with. Every time they go into battle they fight until they win, there is no second place for the US Military. The question is not if the United States is winning in Iraq, because we are, the question is if Iraq can win in Iraq.”

Oak Leaf

Bravo sir, why can't our leaders think as clearly?

No comments: