February 2, 2007

The Other Half

Homefront 6 lets us know how it is for the military spouse, its a hard life but it is also one filled with happiness and love.
Last night it was incredibly difficult to go to bed. I didn't want to. I knew that, if I went to bed, I would be sleeping away precious hours of being awake and knowing that he was here, safe, with us. That our house was a home. Until I went to bed, his departure date was still "tomorrow". And I knew that when I woke up, it would be the day that he had to leave. Climbing the stairs last night was almost harder than actually saying goodbye tonight.

Take care H6 and MacGyver for in this day and age when it is fashionable to berate those who serve, there are some of us who truly understand and know who it is that deserves our thanks for our freedoms.

No comments: